AWS DevOps Engineer - Denver/Portland (Hybrid)
We are looking for a DevOps engineer to join an elite team of engineers who not just love implementing new cutting-edge technologies in the AWS cloud, but also love contributing to a fun, flexible, and let's get it done culture. We are a small team where transparency is highly valued between every single team member including the executives. At Cloud303, we highly value taking ownership of tasks and projects without having someone tell you what to do. We'd rather have you tell us what to do to make things better.
We currently have an opening on our DevOps team for a self-sufficient and self-motivated team member. At Cloud303, you will have a chance to learn best practices for AWS cloud deployments, how to automate customer application deployments, and modernize existing applications to current industry standards.
If you are a highly self-motivated individual and are not afraid of wearing multiple hats while learning aspects of running a start-up, you'll fit right in.
Day to Day
- Interface with clients, offering support and guidance throughout projects
- Design and implement solutions (as well as troubleshoot problems) within Clients' AWS environments
- Deploy and managed varied AWS services, utilizing infrastructure as code & automation everywhere possible
- Develop & deploy cutting edge cloud technology
- Finding and eliminating pain-points in clients' & the team's day to day
- US Citizenship and/or authorized to work in the United States
- Able to commute to our Denver metro office in Lakewood, CO, or our Portland metro office in Beaverton, OR 2-3x per week
- Minimum two years experience using AWS including successfully managing and deploying production workloads within an AWS environment
- Experience managing Cloud hosted Linux server environments
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform and/or CloudFormation preferred)
- Experience with scripting languages (bash, python, ruby, etc)
- Production environment experience
- Provide LinkedIn URL on resume
Nice to Have
- Proven ability to effectively engage and interact with clients in a professional manner
- Candidates with AWS certifications strongly preferred
- Database experience
- Kubernetes or similar container orchestration tool experience
Experience managing cloud hosted Linux server environments.
Can automate implementations with bash and/or Powershell scripts.
Microservices experience, specifically in configuring and managing microservices with containers including putting together Docker files and docker-compose files.
Have experience with implementing and troubleshooting LAMP stacks.
System monitoring experience using solutions like CloudWatch, DataDog, New Relic, etc.
Minimum two years experience using AWS systems and the following AWS services:
AWS Elastic Cloud Compute
AWS Orchestration Technologies
AWS Database Service
AWS Load Balancers
AWS Serverless Technologies
AWS Identity & Access Management
AWS Storage Technologies
Infrastructure as code such as CloudFormation & Terraform (Hashicorp)
AWS pipeline technologies
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
Stock Option Plan
401(k) with Contribution Matching
Free AWS Training
Eat & Drink